Feature additions and bug fixes for different builds of VituixCAD version 2
- Minimum eight (8) biquad blocks are created if Shift key is pressed while Copy Biquad coeffs command.
- Minimum and excess phase and GD curves frozen while optimizing.
Room response not updated while optimizing.
Transfer function of crossover not updated to Enclosure tool while optimizing.
- Result is shown immediately in chart when user scrolls 'A responses' list and one of the functions in 'Multiple output' group is selected.
- Reduced tracing error with branching grayscale lines.
- Initial Re set to traced Zmin * 0.95.
Convert IR to FR
- Impulse responses are possible to save as space delimited text, csv or MLSSA text files to selected Directory.
- Component/block parameter Min and Max possible to adjust with mouse wheel, arrow buttons and Alt+Up/Down-key.
- Min and Max columns added to component/block parameters grid.
Fields limit parameter value while manual adjustment and optimizing.
Fields are saved to project file (vxp).
- Fixed minor bug in error calculation of Total SPL and Power response optimizing.
- Phase response interpolation calculated with complex numbers to avoid possible problems due to phase unwrapping.
- Phase response smoothing and merging calculated with complex numbers to avoid possible problems due to phase unwrapping.
- User manual in English converted to CHM file installed to application directory.
PDF files are still available online.
- Added sanity check to frequency response loading in Drivers tab.
Ver 0 deg coverted to Hor 0 deg.
-180 deg converted to +180 deg.
Duplicate directions are not loaded to response list.
Warning and request to verify Angle parsing : Integer multiplier setting in Options if too many duplicate directions are found.
- Minor improvements to logic and weighting factors of intensity calculation to support new off-axis recipe with constant angle step.
- Fixed window repositioning to visible screen area on startup if Windows taskbar is at top or left.
- Angle density of simulated and visualized off-axis directions is selected with Angle step [deg] list box in Options window.
Available options are 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 deg, initial 10 deg.
Angle step of drivers' off-axis responses loaded in Drivers tab could be denser, fewer or equal to angle step of simulation.
Measured angle step could be constant (0, 10, 20, 30, ..., 180) or variable (0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180).
Off-axis responses of different driver types can have different angle step, constant or variable.
- Allowed Reference angles follow Angle step setting.
Range of Reference angle is minimum coverage of drivers' frequency responses, or max -90...+90 deg if Half space is checked in Options window.
- Power response and directivity index are calculated within minimum coverage angle of drivers' frequency responses i.e.
0-180 deg must be measured for all drivers in Drivers tab in order to calculate Power & DI to full space.
- Added Room response overlay to Power & DI chart.
- Added 'Microphone offset' group to Drivers tab including rotation of simulated planes +45...-45 deg and movement of microphone X,Y mm.
- Enabled Paste Biquad coefficients to multiple biquad blocks at the same time.
- Biquad coefficients are set automatically when (max 2nd order) normal active block is converted to biquad with Ctrl+BiQ button
- Axial response is selected if off-axis directions are not measured, though driver's location, rotation or tilt requires at least single off-axis measurement.
- Acoustical frequency responses interpolated within measured off-axis directions including diagonal angles.
- Improved 3D geometry calculation of driver and mic rotation.
- Enabled simultaneuous rotation and tilt of drivers.
Note! Measurement data in hor and ver planes only does not cover diagonal angles.
- Maximum input voltage increased to 200 V.
- Added Turbulence warning line (17.2 m/s, 5% mach) and alarm line (34.4 m/s, 10% mach) to Velocity chart.
- Box volume, Vent length, diameter, area and number updated to Box volume tab if Auxiliary calculator is open.
Outer diameter set 5.5% bigger than inner diameter.
Front wall thickness subtracted from total length to get inner length.
Box volume tab in Auxiliary calculator
- Back wall thickness separated from Side wall thickness.
- Added display of Inner Width, Height and Depth.
- Added internal volume loss due to vents: Diameter/Area, Inner Length and Number of vents.
Units cm to be compatible with Enclosure tool.
- Added estimation of internal volume losses due to Drivers, Braces and Amplifier box in liters.
- Added graph with frequencies of internal axial modes by width, height and depth as well as open pipe resonances of vents.
- Ignored overflow error if chart is drawn without valid data.
- Added three crossover variants: S6, S7, S8.
- Scenario renamed to Variant.
- Added Help -> Donate.
- Added svg file support to Export image of crossover schematic.
- Fixed polarmap color blending with short angle range < 360 deg or < 180 deg with half space checked.
Bug since 126.96.36.199 (2019-06-22).
- Added contour line support to svg export of polarmap.
Polarmap recommended to export as png due to smaller file size.
- Added svg file support to Export image of charts.
- Copy image and Copy six-pack commands separated from Export image and Export six-pack commands in context menu of charts.
- Exporting of schematic image moved from File->Export to context menu of crossover.
Convert IR to FR
- Improved Reference time detection for Get, Far 1 and Near buttons.
Reference time is set to full sample at the rising edge of IR peak where value >= maximum / 6.
- Selected response can be exported by pressing Ctrl key while clicking Export button.
Convert IR to FR
- Added support for 24-bit PCM wav.
- Added support for non-standard Apple wav with FLLR chunk.
- Added support for 24-bit PCM mono/stereo wav.
- Impedance response is copied from Enclosure tool to selected driver in the main program if 'Crossover of driver' is checked in Align tab.
Copied response is temporary in memory until impedance response is read from file again, for example due to scaling.
- DCR of inductor calculated when inductance changed with mouse wheel or up/down buttons. DCR *= (Lnew/Lold)^0.59
- DCR of inductor calculated when wire diameter changed with mouse wheel or up/down buttons. DCR *= (Dold/Dnew)^1.6
- Vertical scrollbar of crossover schematic restored. Was accidentally hidden since rev. 188.8.131.52.
- First item in Drivers list box in Optimizer window initially selected to enable 'Axial response of Driver' and 'Filter gain of Driver' radio buttons before driver selection by user.
Also word order in user manual fixed.
- Folder structure changed to enable installation without adding user to administrators group.
- Files installed to subfolders of \Users\Public\Documents\VituixCAD:
- Enclosure - local driver database (VituixCAD_Drivers.txt).
- Library - library blocks (.vxl .png)
- Projects - response file samples (.txt)
- Template - LTspice templates (.asc .plt)
- Subfolders of \Users\username\Documents\VituixCAD created while running if not already exist:
- Download - download folder for auto update
- Enclosure - LTspice files (.asc .plt .log .net .raw)
- Projects - for user projects and response files (.vxp .vxe .vxm .vxb .txt .frd .zma ...)
- Enclosure (.vxe), Merger (.vxm) and Diffraction (.vxb) project files can be opened with command line argument (in addition to main project .vxp).
- Added File->Export->Listening window average.
- Zooming of surface directivity chart with mouse wheel disabled if mouse cursor is somewhere else.
- Added 'Listening window SPL' to 'Signals to export' and 'Signal to show' combo boxes.
- Program asks user to update local database if the file in Public folder is older than file in user's folder.
Driver data added by user with older versions is copied to current database file in Public folder.
Note! Driver data can also be added/updated manually from user's folder to Public folder with 'Update database...' command in context menu of drivers table.
See user manual for more information.
- Added Room tab including Reflection settings (previously in Drivers tab) and images from top and left views visualizing locations, direction and distance from speaker's origin where reflected response is simulated.
- Added Toe-in text box to Reflections group in Drivers tab.
Angle range -30...+60 deg (0 deg is parallel to side wall, perpendicular to front wall).
- Reflecting side wall position limited to left side -5...0 m.
- Reference angle setting limited within -90...90 deg if Half space is checked in Options window.
Exceeding of half space crashed program.
- Added curve with reflections to Power & DI chart.
Listening window average is hidden while curve with reflections is visible.
- Added Side wall, Front wall, Floor and Ceiling enabling checkboxes and distance text boxes to Drivers tab to control calculation of reflections.
- Added Absorption text box to Drivers tab for reflections.
- Added File->Export->Room response.
- Minimum angle step for directivity export reduced from 5 to 1 degrees.
- Effect of Floor and Wall boundary reflections reprogrammed.
- Added name and Vd [cm3] read-only text boxes to Driver configuration group.
Name saved to user settings and enclosure project file.
- Added name and Vd [cm3] read-only text boxes to Passive group.
Name saved to user settings and enclosure project file.
- Changed initial column order of Drivers table.
- Allowed temporary column reordering by dragging column header.
- Added Hide columns and Show columns commands to context menu of Drivers table. Hiding sets column width to minimum (5px).
- Added PR checkbox to show all passive radiators only.
- Added velocity [m/s] of cones to Velocity chart.
- Added velocity [m/s] of passive radiators to Velocity chart.
- Items in driver count listbox "1 pair", "2 pairs" etc. with Isobaric.
- Added Isobaric checkbox to Driver configuration group.
If checked, driver pairs are mechanically in isobaric configuration.
- Added (isobaric) series checkbox to Driver configuration group.
If checked, isobaric pairs are electrically in series. Otherwise in parallel.
- Added active Digital Biquad to component menu (BiQ button).
Parameters are b0, b1, b2, a1, a2. a0=1.
Response is calculated with sample rate of project, set in Options window.
- Added Paste Biquad coeffs command to context menu of crossover schematic.
Parameters of the first biquad (biquad1) are pasted from clipboard text to top selected biquad block.
Supported text format is compatible with Copy Biquad coeffs command and miniDSP advanced mode.
- Added Expand and Compress SPL scale buttons.
- Added Save enclosure project button. Saves settings (except table align and filter) to vxe file.
- Added Open enclosure project button. Opens settings from vxe file.
- Fixed zooming of Power chart. Bug since 184.108.40.206 (2019-01-31).
- Added peak force curve of cones and passive radiators to Excursion chart.
- Added six-pack data export to context menu of charts.
- Fixed crash when active buffer was replaced with some other active block by Ctrl + click new component.
- Enabled vented box tuning by adjusting Fb [Hz].
- Added 'Lock Fb [Hz]' checkbox to Box groups in Enclosure tab.
Vent Diam/Area is calculated if Length is modified. Vent Length is calculated if Volume, Fb, Diam/Area, Number of vents or End corr is modified.
Table alignment unchecks 'Lock Fb' of Box Rear 1.
- Qtc of Closed box analyzed from impedance response.
Calculated Qtc is shown as tooltip of Volume [l] text box in Enclosure tab and in the end of text box in Info tab.
- Fb and calculated Qtc of Closed box are updated to fo and Qo parameters of selected (top component) Active Linkwitz Transform block in crossover in the main program if 'Crossover of driver:' is checked in Align tab.
- Added shortcut Ctrl+Shift+S for File->Save.
- Crossover component parameters which are calculated by block parameters and expression field can be modified via Tune block (Ctrl+T) window only.
Calculated fields are read-only with gray background in Parameters grid.
Individual manual adjustment and optimizing are possible by removing expression manually or purging whole block via Tune block window.
- Multiple components and wires in crossover schematic are rotated as a group with common center point.
Orientation of capacitors, inductors, resistors, comments and wires changes.
Other parts such as active blocks, driver, ground and transformer just rotate around common center point.
- Nova 96k added to DSP system combo box in Options window. Compatible with e.g. Nova DC8000.
Main program, Enclosure, Merger, Power dissipation
- Curve legend added to chart images exported or copied to clipboard via context menu.
- Corrupted user.config file is possible to delete and reset user settings to factory defaults to enable program start without crash.
- Added Re text box for impedance response extrapolation target at 0 Hz.
Convert IR to FR
- Added excess phase curve to frequency response chart. Enabled with XP checkbox.
- Installed .NET Framework versions visible in About window.
- Auto updater downloads VituixCAD2_setup.exe to (My)Documents\VituixCAD\Download and runs executable without opening download window or folder.
- Diffraction response checkbox, response filename text box, diffraction simulator button, open response button and clear response button restored to Align tab (earlier in Directivity tab).
- Total Full space response calculated by total half space response and diffraction response file added to SPL chart (brown curve).
- Frequency axis of charts to follow setting in Options window.
- Response compatibility with Hypex PSC improved close to Nyquist frequency by using 192k sample rate instead of actual 48k.
This is just inaccurate workaround because proprietary (non-standard) calculation of biquad coefficients is not documented and available from Hypex.
- Context menu commands Take snapshop, Open overlay and Show overlay of GD & Phase, Filter and Impedance charts enabled.
Bug since 220.127.116.11 (2019-01-19).
- Directivity features removed.
- Added axis units to charts.
- Added Driver layout window to design locations with table control and simple graphs.
Opens with right click -> Driver layout... on crossover schematic.
Includes calculation of driver locations for straight and curved line arrays.
- Maximum amount of off-axis directions in directivity chart increased from 73 to 361 per plane.
- Delay parameter dt[us] of active buffers shown also as distance in crossover schematic.
- Fixed temporarily broken link between driver instance in crossover and measurement data after driver is renamed in Drivers tab.
- Added Time align function to calculate delay/distance difference of acoustic centers with three measurements.
- Target overlays of SPL chart removed. See Optimizer.
- Driver's axial reponse target can be loaded from txt/frd file.
File can be scaled -200...+200 dB.
Filename and scaling are saved to project file (vxp).
- Automatic calculation of frequency range limits for driver's axial response and filter gain targets and Optimizer removed.
Limits can and should be adjusted manually.
Limits are saved to project file (vxp).
- Added three target overlays to SPL chart.
Curves can be loaded from txt/frd file only with 'Open Target overlay #' command in context menu.
- Frequency axis values changed to 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k, 20k.
- Fixed pathname handling of Transfer function file block. Bug since 18.104.22.168 (2018-11-26).
- Fixed response reading of Transfer function file block. Bug since 22.214.171.124 (2018-09-02).
- Component values can be entered with metric prefix (p,n,u,m,k,M,G,T) to Parameters grid and Tune block window.
- Component values are shown with automatic metric prefix in crossover schematic,
except unitless values (Q,R), frequency in Hz and gain in dB.
- LCR component values are shown with automatic metric prefix in Parts list window.
- Sign of rotation angle changed while directivity export for compatiblity with measurement data.
- Fixed indexing error to driver's frequency response list if axial response is not the first one.
- Added ideal Transformer to component menu. N=0.01-100, initial N=1.
- Added shortcut Ctrl+P for Optimizer, F9 for Convert IR to FR.
- Visible overlays in SPL, Power & DI and Filter charts can be scaled with mouse wheel or Shift + mouse wheel.
- Visible overlay in SPL chart can be scaled with mouse wheel or Shift + mouse wheel.
- Added 'Show listening window' switch to context menu of SPL chart.
- Added 'Mic in Box A' function.
Responses A are multiplied by 2nd order high-pass and polarity inverted.
Function calculates correction to response measured with Microphone-in-Box technique,
or any other response including effect of close to ideal room gain at low frequencies.
- Imaginary A function removed to make room for mic-in-box.
- Added graph to 'Calculate T/S parameters' window.
Includes measured and simulated impedance responses.
- Vas with sealed box method calculated as weighted average of Vb*(fc*Qec/fs/Qes-1) and Vb*((fc/fs)^2-1).
- Added 'Paste T/S parameters' button to Edit parameters/Add new driver window.
Supported clipboard data formats are CLIO, LIMP, REW and compatible.
- Mms with added mass method calculated as weighted average of Mx/(fs*Qem/fm/Qes-1) and Mx/((fs/fm)^2-1).
- Added Mms and BL checkboxes to T/S Calculation.
Parameters can be calculated with single free air impedance response if Mms or BL is known and trusted.
- Manual target points of extended Z model removed assuming that free air impedance response is always available for Z-curve fitting.
- Lossy inductance is subtracted from impedance responses before detection of fs and Q-factors.
- Added calculation of T/S parameters with added mass or sealed box method.
Feature integrated into same window with extended impedance model solver.
Window opens with 'Calculate T/S...' button in 'Edit parameters'/'Add new driver' window.
Two impedance responses, Re and Dd/Sd are needed.
Z1k and Z10k of basic Z model are detected from free air impedance response.
- Extended impedance model solver uses loaded free air response as a reference within 1-20 kHz with 1/6 oct. resolution.
Manual target points (4) are used if free air response is not loaded.
Convert IR to FR
- Added support for .wav IR files, mono or stereo. Left channel (1) read from stereo wav.
Formats: 16-bit PCM, 32-bit PCM, 32-bit IEEE and 64-bit IEEE.
- Frequency response export as .fri (IFFT input data) changed to tab delimited text.
- Driver combo boxes in Enclosure tool and Optimizer refreshed after part numbering.
- Directory text box, Filename text box, File format combo box and MLSSA header checkbox removed.
Directory, filename and file format are selected in Save as dialog box.
- Source response group with radio buttons removed.
- Added 'Signal to show' combo box to select visible signal in graph.
Dropdown list includes output of active buffers, input of drivers, SPL of drivers and Total SPL.
- Added 'Signals to export' combo boxes (6 pcs).
All selected signals are exported at once with Export button.
Electrical signals have common scaling factor to maintain gain differences.
SPL signals have common scaling factor to maintain sensitivity differences.
- Added 'D' button to list driver inputs (max 6) into combo boxes.
- Added 'B' button to list active buffer outputs (max 6) into combo boxes.
Convert IR to FR
- MLSSA text files converted to unitless dB without 20 uPa (dBSPL) reference.
Scale type="1" in the combo box.
- Export 'Polar frequency responses' supports also .frd file format.
- Database filter criteria saved to user config for the next session.
- Added TXT and FRD radio buttons for output file format selection.
- LMS ascii checkbox changed to radio button.
- Added 'Half space' option to context menu of Directivity chart.
Shows -90...+90 degrees with Line and Area charts.
- Custom frequency range limits changed in Options window: min=5-1000 Hz, max=200-40000 Hz.
- Added Scenario menu to Crossover tab.
Visible schematic can be saved with store button S1…S5, and recalled with R1…R5 button.
Stored scenario can be deleted by pressing Ctrl key while clicking recall button.
Crossover versions are saved to project file (.vxp) for the next session.
#1 is compatible with older project file versions of VituixCAD 2.0.
Warning! Undo buffer is cleared when scenario is changed with S/R button.
- Added possibility to copy exported schematic and chart images also to clipboard.
- Fixed broken data connection to 'Part ID' text box.
- Slope estimation for response file extrapolation and minimum phase calculation changed to slope of linear regression.
- Added 3rd decimal to magnitude and phase values in txt/frd/zma exports.
Convert IR to FR
- Added sample rates 88200 and 176400 Hz.
- Reading of Clio .mls updated to support 96k and 192k sample rates.
Convert IR to FR
- Added MP checkbox to frequency response ghaph to show minimum phase response.
- Enabled adjusting of Reference time with 0.001 ms or 1 mm steps without rounding to closest full sample.
Convert IR to FR
- Added Part # text box to Crossover tab for manual editing.
Part numbers do not change automatically when schematic is changed.
- Added semi-automatic part renumbering.
New commands in context menu of crossover schematic: Number blanks, Renumber all 123, Clear selected, Clear all.
Part # text box is green while numbering mode is on.
Numbering is done by clicking components in desired order.
Numbering mode ends by clicking empty area or right click or Esc.
- Added Comment text schematic object.
T button in component menu or T key.
Text can be rotated or multi-line.
- Added listening window average response calculation.
Average response is shown in SPL and Power & DI charts in yellowgreen.
Curve is possible to save or load to overlay in SPL chart.
- Added Listening window hor± and ver± text boxes to Options window.
Initial values are hor ±30 deg and ver ±5 deg.
Available range is 0-180 deg for both.
- Added 'Listening window average as axial response' checkbox to Optimizer.
If checked, Optimizer uses average instead of single response to reference angle while optimizing with Power response.
Target line in SPL chart should be adjusted for average.
Convert IR to FR
- Added 'Full resolution' checkbox.
Exports unsmoothed high resolution frequency responses.
Frequency step is constant sample rate / FFT length allowing long excess delay without wrapping errors in phase response.
Warning: Use short FFT to avoid huge file size and slow processing.
- Driver database filter extended to cover all fields.
Filter criteria moved to separate window which opens with Filter button.
Numerical parameters are filtered with min and max text boxes or vertical sliders.
Added indication of visible and total rows or 'wait...' while filtering.
- Added parameter cross calculation to enclosure with passive radiator:
PR.Vas is calculated if PR.Sd, PR.Mms or PR.fs is changed.
PR.fs is calculated if PR.Vas is changed.
- Added read-only text box fe[Hz] 'fs with extra mass' to enclosure with passive radiator.
- Added sample rates 88200 and 176400 Hz.
- Minimum Taps decreased from 512 to 256.
- Taps text box changed to wheeling, and few other cosmetic changes.
- Added manual adjustment of Response tails to Minimum phase A -function.
- Added Tukey 0.25, 0.50 and 0.75 window functions.
- Pre-delay changed to adjustable.
Conversion IR to FR
- Added 'Square root magnitude' checkbox to show IR graph in details.
- Added 'Minimum phase' checkbox to switch minimum phase extraction on/off for calibration file.
Warning in red if phase response is flat while magnitude is not.
Earlier minimum phase extraction was done by default if phase column was missing in cal/mic file.
- Main part of response calculation with complex numbers changed from custom class to more accelerated System.Numerics.
- Removed compatibility functions related to directory separator.
- Added 'Generic' to DSP system combo box in Options window.
BW of peak/notch filter is between midpoint gain (dB/2) frequencies.
Bessel LP/HP is phase-normalized i.e. -3dB frequency depends on order.
Frequency parameter of Shelving LP/HP filter is corner, not midpoint gain (dB/2).
Setting is compatible with e.g. EqualizerAPO with some restrictions.
- Added 'Sample rate' combo box to Options window for Generic DSP system.
- Improved active filter calculation and graphs above Nyquist frequency
- 'Active PEQ response as analog RLC', 'Active IIR response as digital biquad', 'Bessel phase normalized' and 'Shelving frequency at middle gain' checkboxes replaced with 'DSP system' combo box.
Available options are: Analog, Behringer DCX 96k, FourAudio PPA 48k, Hypex PSC 48k, Hypex FA 192k, miniDSP 48k, miniDSP 96k, Xilica XA/XP 96k.
Select 'Analog' for passive or active filter with linear circuits.
- Sample rate in Impulse response window does not change sample rate of active dsp crossover. Sample rate of crossover is defined by 'DSP system' selection in Options window.
- Reading of txt/frd/zma files changed more flexible to allow empty lines, comments between data rows, scientific notation and comma as field separator.
Conversion IR to FR
- Added magnitude scaling.
- Added 'Info header' checkbox. Writes metadata to output files.
- Added support for drag&drop.
- Added tool for converting multiple impulse response measurement files to frequency response files.
Supported file formats ARTA .pir, CLIO .mls .mlsi, MLSSA ASCII .txt.
Sample rates 44.1k, 48k, 96k, 192kHz. FFT lengths 4096...1048576.
- Internal frequency range extended to 5 Hz.
- Maximum filter gain constraint added to Optimizer.
Filter gain is detected from all drivers no matter are they in use, open or muted.
- Snapshot/overlay function added to SPL chart. Captures SPL of selected driver. Total SPL is captured if valid driver is not selected from crossover.
- Minimum phase response improved when 'Active IIR response as digital biquad' is checked and sample rate is less than 96 kHz.
- Sample rate saved to project file (.vxp)
- Response of active filters recalculated when Options window is closed.
- Added "Select driver from the crossover" message if driver is not selected for snapshot from Phase or Filter graph.
- Checking of 'Active PEQ response as analog RLC' and unchecking of 'Shelving frequency at middle gain' are allowed also while 'Active IIR reponses as digital biquad' is checked.
This increases accuracy of filter responses with FourAudio, Hypex and compatible dsp gear.
- Improved accuracy of 1st order shelving filters with 'Active IIR reponses as digital biquad' checked.
- Fixed possible overflow of line charts above Nyquist when digital biquad response was selected.
- Added Angle step (5...45 deg) setting for directivity export.
- Settings in Driver database, Driver configuration, Align tab, Enclosure tab, Directivity tab and Info tab are saved for the next session,
except 'Crossover of driver:', 'User selection filter' and 'Feed speaker' checkboxes.
- Value range of driver parameters extended for smaller drivers and systems.
- Crossover schematic zooming in/out changed from Shift + mouse wheel to Ctrl + mouse wheel.
- Schematic scrolling up/down with mouse wheel is disabled while top component is selected. Vertical scrollbar works normally.
- First (main) parameter of selected component can be adjusted with mouse wheel when cursor is over the component.
Does not apply to drivers and OP amps.
- Cone excursion scale max added to Options window.
- Air velocity scale max added to Options window.
- Power&DI chart is not initialized on File->New/Open to save power, reference and DI overlays.
- Main program and Enclosure tool minimized while editing driver parameters to make room for datasheet.
- Minimum box volume decreased from 1 to 0.0001 liters.
- Reference angle text box moved up into menu bar.
- Added Bessel linear-phase and Butterworth linear-phase active LP/HP filters.
- Multiple 'File does not exist' error messages replaced with single message if frequency response files are not in correct directory. ***MISSING*** text after filename.
- Enabled column of Frequency responses grid renamed to Visible.
- Off-axis angles common to all drivers are searched and Visible column updated also after modification of Hor/Ver cell in Frequency responses grid.
- Removed 1/1 oct. smoothing of frequency responses.
- Tooltips added to Frequency responses grid and Scale, Delay and Invert controls.
- Mouse wheel support added to Reference angle text box.
- Status of Full space checkbox saved to diffraction project file.
- Added 4th order band pass box with passive radiator as 'Band pass type 1P'.
- Dummy Fill-% parameter removed from boxes.
- Added Edit->Invert colors command to support images with dark background.
- Adjustment of frequency scale min and max added to Calculator tool.
- Wire can be started from existing node without menu button or W shortcut key.
- Maximum power (Pow parameter) of resistors shown in crossover schematic if View->Power is checked.
- Part numbering of active buffers changed from U8,U9,... to A1,A2,... to help association with power amplifiers in active multi-way.
- Load impedance (magnitude) of active buffers shown in Impedance chart.
- Added 'Load impedance of Buffer' export.
- 'Total impedance' renamed to 'Load impedance of Generator' in Impedance chart and Export.
Power dissipation window
- 'Output volt-ampere/real power' curves renamed to 'Generator volt-ampere/real power'.
- Output volt-ampere of active buffers shown in chart.
- 'Crossover of current driver' checkbox renamed to 'Crossover of driver'.
- Driver dropdown list added below 'Crossover of driver' checkbox.
No need to select driver from schematic in the main program to apply filter transfer function for enclosure calculation.
- Added warning 'Low impedance must be >0 with logarithmic scale'.
- Automatic part numbering added for passive (LCR) and active (U) components.
Part number is shown in crossover schematic by checking View->Part #.
- Part # added to curve tooltips of resistors and inductors in Power dissipation window.
- Pmax added to curve tooltip of resistors in Power dissipation window.
- Part # of passive and active components saved to project file (.vxp) and library blocks (.vxl).
- Type and Nbr columns replaced with Part # column in Library block parameter window.
Part # created if not found in existing/old library block file.
Part # forced to show in schematic while creating new library block.
- OP amps added to Parts list.
- Selected component can be replaced by pressing Ctrl key while clicking menu button.
Active block can be replaced with another active, and passive component (LCR) with another passive.
Values of parameters with the same name and unit are copied to replacement component.
Driver, ground, library block and wire cannot be replaced directly without delete->add.
- Added 'Shelving frequency at middle gain' checkbox to Options window.
Check with dbx DriveRack, Hypex AS/PSC/DSP/DLCP, miniDSP (Basic), Xilica XA/XP.
Uncheck with Behringer DCX, FourAudio PPA.
- E48 value snap added to main program.
- Path and links to external diffraction simulator removed from Options window, Enclosure and Merger tool to prefer internal simulator.
- Segment of existing hor/ver wire is splitted and junction created if user moves terminal of a component to intermediate point.
- Small (3px) gray square is drawn at wire nodes to indicate existing connection points.
- Segment of existing hor/ver wire is splitted and junction created if user drops terminal of a new component to intermediate point.
Applies to adding of capacitor, driver, ground, inductor, op amp, resistor and library block.
- Right boundary of schematic export image adapted to length of driver's name.
- Installation package contains blocks of version 1 in VituixCAD\Library\Passive_blocks_V1.zip.
Unzip to Library folder if old blocks are needed for conversion or useful otherwise.
- Segment of existing hor/ver wire is splitted and junction created if user clicks intermediate point while adding new wire.
- Black dot is drawn to common nodes of different wires to visualize junctions.
Dots are not rendered to library block images and while adding or dragging (moving).
- Wire propagation and terminal pairing improved to get red dot to all terminals which are not connected to another terminal.
- Black dot removed from wire ends to avoid giving impression that wire is connected to another wire if it is not.
- Fixed crash with incomplete network. Bug since 126.96.36.199 (2018-06-10).
- Frequency range maximum increased back to 40 kHz.
- Crossover component parameter grid refreshed after changes to avoid lag in display.
- Crossover network calculation speed improved 15-20x by using dense matrix solver with LUP decomposition.
- Added "2nd order" with variable Q factor to Driver's SPL target list.
Order combobox is hidden while 2nd order is selected.
- Fixed two 'Index out of range' errors when new project is created or another opened while Optimizer window is open and target is driver's SPL response.
- Driver's SPL target curve hidden outside optimizer's frequency range constraints.
Width of driver's target curve increased to 2px to improve visibility of frequency constraints.
- Driver's filter target curve hidden outside optimizer's frequency range constraints.
- Directivity chart, Impulse response window and Power dissipation window are frozen while Optimizer is running.
- Fixed link between Enclosure tool and filter transfer function of selected driver in main program.
- Added calculation of box dimensions by target volume and wall thickness to Auxiliary calculator.
- Added 'OPA Low pass 3rd order' and 'OPA High pass 3rd order' to block library.
- Added parameters to Library blocks.
Block parameter can be user question or variable with mathematical expression.
Expression field of crossover component can contain either variable name or mathematical expression.
Parameters are initially designed when creating new library block, and maintained with Edit library block parameters command.
User parameters are adjusted and expressions evaluated to component values when block is inserted,
or with Tune block... command in context menu.
Block parameters and links to components are saved in project file for the next session.
- Added filter to Block library window for limiting amount of visible files.
Checkboxes for active, passive, OP amps, low, high, shelf, all-pass, peak/notch and Linkwitz Transform.
See tooltips for seached keywords.
- Library blocks are saved also as png files (with current zoom).
Block selection window shows both images and names.
- Frequency and impedance responses can be located also in project file directory with relative path name.
This improves portability of project files.
- Prevented error if exported schematic image exceeds sheet boundaries.
- Driver's R and T parameters can't be simultaneously non-zero.
- Fixed bug in power dissipation graph with open or shorted resistances and drivers.
- Fixed bug in network solving with open wires and grounds.
- Added Crossover schematic export as image.
Uses current Zoom, View grid and View nodes settings.
- User manual in English published and start commands enabled.
- Added 12 ohm span option for Impedance chart.
- Added support for 'LMS short ascii format' frequency response files. File extension should be '.LMS'
- Added icons to context menu of schematic.
- Added indication of optimized parameter to schematic.
Background color is PaleGreen with transparency of 50%.
- Added Optimize Toggle (Ctrl+W) command to context menu.
Toggling enables swapping of two components groups without changing selection set.
In practice, this enables faster optimizing of two Ways - one Way at a time to prevent drifting of crossover frequency.
- DCR of coils added to Power dissipation graph.
- Driver number added to schematic for helping identifying if the same driver (model name) has multiple instances in the crossover.
- Driver dropdown list added to Optimizer.
No need to select driver from schematic to optimize driver's SPL or filter gain.
- First beta release of version 2.