Feature additions and bug fixes for different builds of VituixCAD version 2
- Added 'Generic' to DSP system combo box in Options window.
BW of peak/notch filter is between midpoint gain (dB/2) frequencies.
Bessel LP/HP is phase-normalized i.e. -3dB frequency depends on order.
Frequency parameter of Shelving LP/HP filter is corner, not midpoint gain (dB/2).
Setting is compatible with e.g. EqualizerAPO with some restrictions.
- Added 'Sample rate' combo box to Options window for Generic DSP system.
- Improved active filter calculation and graphs above Nyquist frequency
- 'Active PEQ response as analog RLC', 'Active IIR response as digital biquad', 'Bessel phase normalized' and 'Shelving frequency at middle gain' checkboxes replaced with 'DSP system' combo box.
Available options are: Analog, Behringer DCX 96k, FourAudio PPA 48k, Hypex PSC 48k, Hypex FA 192k, miniDSP 48k, miniDSP 96k, Xilica XA/XP 96k.
Select 'Analog' for passive or active filter with linear circuits.
- Sample rate in Impulse response window does not change sample rate of active dsp crossover. Sample rate of crossover is defined by 'DSP system' selection in Options window.
- Reading of txt/frd/zma files changed more flexible to allow empty lines, comments between data rows, scientific notation and comma as field separator.
Conversion IR to FR
- Added magnitude scaling.
- Added 'Info header' checkbox. Writes metadata to output files.
- Added support for drag&drop.
- Added tool for converting multiple impulse response measurement files to frequency response files.
Supported file formats ARTA .pir, CLIO .mls .mlsi, MLSSA ASCII .txt.
Sample rates 44.1k, 48k, 96k, 192kHz. FFT lengths 4096...1048576.
- Internal frequency range extended to 5 Hz.
- Maximum filter gain constraint added to Optimizer.
Filter gain is detected from all drivers no matter are they in use, open or muted.
- Snapshot/overlay function added to SPL chart. Captures SPL of selected driver. Total SPL is captured if valid driver is not selected from crossover.
- Minimum phase response improved when 'Active IIR response as digital biquad' is checked and sample rate is less than 96 kHz.
- Sample rate saved to project file (.vxp)
- Response of active filters recalculated when Options window is closed.
- Added "Select driver from the crossover" message if driver is not selected for snapshot from Phase or Filter graph.
- Checking of 'Active PEQ response as analog RLC' and unchecking of 'Shelving frequency at middle gain' are allowed also while 'Active IIR reponses as digital biquad' is checked.
This increases accuracy of filter responses with FourAudio, Hypex and compatible dsp gear.
- Improved accuracy of 1st order shelving filters with 'Active IIR reponses as digital biquad' checked.
- Fixed possible overflow of line charts above Nyquist when digital biquad response was selected.
- Added Angle step (5...45 deg) setting for directivity export.
- Settings in Driver database, Driver configuration, Align tab, Enclosure tab, Directivity tab and Info tab are saved for the next session,
except 'Crossover of driver:', 'User selection filter' and 'Feed speaker' checkboxes.
- Value range of driver parameters extended for smaller drivers and systems.
- Crossover schematic zooming in/out changed from Shift + mouse wheel to Ctrl + mouse wheel.
- Schematic scrolling up/down with mouse wheel is disabled while top component is selected. Vertical scrollbar works normally.
- First (main) parameter of selected component can be adjusted with mouse wheel when cursor is over the component.
Does not apply to drivers and OP amps.
- Cone excursion scale max added to Options window.
- Air velocity scale max added to Options window.
- Power&DI chart is not initialized on File->New/Open to save power, reference and DI overlays.
- Main program and Enclosure tool minimized while editing driver parameters to make room for datasheet.
- Minimum box volume decreased from 1 to 0.0001 liters.
- Reference angle textbox moved up into menu bar.
- Added Bessel linear-phase and Butterworth linear-phase active LP/HP filters.
- Multiple 'File does not exist' error messages replaced with single message if frequency response files are not in correct directory. ***MISSING*** text after filename.
- Enabled column of Frequency responses grid renamed to Visible.
- Off-axis angles common to all drivers are searched and Visible column updated also after modification of Hor/Ver cell in Frequency responses grid.
- Removed 1/1 oct. smoothing of frequency responses.
- Tooltips added to Frequency responses grid and Scale, Delay and Invert controls.
- Mouse wheel support added to Reference angle textbox.
- Status of Full space checkbox saved to diffraction project file.
- Added 4th order band pass box with passive radiator as 'Band pass type 1P'.
- Dummy Fill-% parameter removed from boxes.
- Added Edit->Invert colors command to support images with dark background.
- Adjustment of frequency scale min and max added to Calculator tool.
- Wire can be started from existing node without menu button or W shortcut key.
- Maximum power (Pow parameter) of resistors shown in crossover schematic if View->Power is checked.
- Part numbering of active buffers changed from U8,U9,... to A1,A2,... to help association with power amplifiers in active multi-way.
- Load impedance (magnitude) of active buffers shown in Impedance chart.
- Added 'Load impedance of Buffer' export.
- 'Total impedance' renamed to 'Load impedance of Generator' in Impedance chart and Export.
Power dissipation window
- 'Output volt-ampere/real power' curves renamed to 'Generator volt-ampere/real power'.
- Output volt-ampere of active buffers shown in chart.
- 'Crossover of current driver' checkbox renamed to 'Crossover of driver'.
- Driver dropdown list added below 'Crossover of driver' checkbox.
No need to select driver from schematic in the main program to apply filter transfer function for enclosure calculation.
- Added warning 'Low impedance must be >0 with logarithmic scale'.
- Automatic part numbering added for passive (LCR) and active (U) components.
Part number is shown in crossover schematic by checking View->Part #.
- Part # added to curve tooltips of resistors and inductors in Power dissipation window.
- Pmax added to curve tooltip of resistors in Power dissipation window.
- Part # of passive and active components saved to project file (.vxp) and library blocks (.vxl).
- Type and Nbr columns replaced with Part # column in Library block parameter window.
Part # created if not found in existing/old library block file.
Part # forced to show in schematic while creating new library block.
- OP amps added to Parts list.
- Selected component can be replaced by pressing Ctrl key while clicking menu button.
Active block can be replaced with another active, and passive component (LCR) with another passive.
Values of parameters with the same name and unit are copied to replacement component.
Driver, ground, library block and wire cannot be replaced directly without delete->add.
- Added 'Shelving frequency at middle gain' checkbox to Options window.
Check with dbx DriveRack, Hypex AS/PSC/DSP/DLCP, miniDSP (Basic), Xilica XA/XP.
Uncheck with Behringer DCX, FourAudio PPA.
- E48 value snap added to main program.
- Path and links to external diffraction simulator removed from Options window, Enclosure and Merger tool to prefer internal simulator.
- Segment of existing hor/ver wire is splitted and junction created if user moves terminal of a component to intermediate point.
- Small (3px) gray square is drawn at wire nodes to indicate existing connection points.
- Segment of existing hor/ver wire is splitted and junction created if user drops terminal of a new component to intermediate point.
Applies to adding of capacitor, driver, ground, inductor, op amp, resistor and library block.
- Right boundary of schematic export image adapted to length of driver's name.
- Installation package contains blocks of version 1 in VituixCAD\Library\Passive_blocks_V1.zip.
Unzip to Library folder if old blocks are needed for conversion or useful otherwise.
- Segment of existing hor/ver wire is splitted and junction created if user clicks intermediate point while adding new wire.
- Black dot is drawn to common nodes of different wires to visualize junctions.
Dots are not rendered to library block images and while adding or dragging (moving).
- Wire propagation and terminal pairing improved to get red dot to all terminals which are not connected to another terminal.
- Black dot removed from wire ends to avoid giving impression that wire is connected to another wire if it is not.
- Fixed crash with incomplete network. Bug since 22.214.171.124 (2018-06-10).
- Frequency range maximum increased back to 40 kHz.
- Crossover component parameter grid refreshed after changes to avoid lag in display.
- Crossover network calculation speed improved 15-20x by using dense matrix solver with LUP decomposition.
- Added "2nd order" with variable Q factor to Driver's SPL target list.
Order combobox is hidden while 2nd order is selected.
- Fixed two 'Index out of range' errors when new project is created or another opened while Optimizer window is open and target is driver's SPL response.
- Driver's SPL target curve hidden outside optimizer's frequency range constraints.
Width of driver's target curve increased to 2px to improve visibility of frequency constraints.
- Driver's filter target curve hidden outside optimizer's frequency range constraints.
- Directivity chart, Impulse response window and Power dissipation window are frozen while Optimizer is running.
- Fixed link between Enclosure tool and filter transfer function of selected driver in main program.
- Added calculation of box dimensions by target volume and wall thickness to Auxiliary calculator.
- Added 'OPA Low pass 3rd order' and 'OPA High pass 3rd order' to block library.
- Added parameters to Library blocks.
Block parameter can be user question or variable with mathematical expression.
Expression field of crossover component can contain either variable name or mathematical expression.
Parameters are initially designed when creating new library block, and maintained with Edit library block parameters command.
User parameters are adjusted and expressions evaluated to component values when block is inserted,
or with Tune block... command in context menu.
Block parameters and links to components are saved in project file for the next session.
- Added filter to Block library window for limiting amount of visible files.
Checkboxes for active, passive, OP amps, low, high, shelf, all-pass, peak/notch and Linkwitz Transform.
See tooltips for seached keywords.
- Library blocks are saved also as png files (with current zoom).
Block selection window shows both images and names.
- Frequency and impedance responses can be located also in project file directory with relative path name.
This improves portability of project files.
- Prevented error if exported schematic image exceeds sheet boundaries.
- Driver's R and T parameters can't be simultaneously non-zero.
- Fixed bug in power dissipation graph with open or shorted resistances and drivers.
- Fixed bug in network solving with open wires and grounds.
- Added Crossover schematic export as image.
Uses current Zoom, View grid and View nodes settings.
- User manual in English published and start commands enabled.
- Added 12 ohm span option for Impedance chart.
- Added support for 'LMS short ascii format' frequency response files. File extension should be '.LMS'
- Added icons to context menu of schematic.
- Added indication of optimized parameter to schematic.
Background color is PaleGreen with transparency of 50%.
- Added Optimize Toggle (Ctrl+W) command to context menu.
Toggling enables swapping of two components groups without changing selection set.
In practice, this enables faster optimizing of two Ways - one Way at a time to prevent drifting of crossover frequency.
- DCR of coils added to Power dissipation graph.
- Driver number added to schematic for helping identifying if the same driver (model name) has multiple instances in the crossover.
- Driver dropdown list added to Optimizer.
No need to select driver from schematic to optimize driver's SPL or filter gain.
- First beta release of version 2.